University of Massachusetts Amherst 2004 - 2008
Bachelor of Arts in Film and Video Production; Psychology (Double Major)
Apple, Inc. April 2009 - Present
Position: Creative, Apple Store South Shore
• Teach wide range of computing and media skills, from the basics of operating a computer to professional media editing and producing. Teach in a variety of one-on-one lessons and small- and large-group presentation-style workshops.
• Facilitated numerous staff-facing trainings, including preparation for iPad, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, and iPhone 5 launches, new-staff on-boarding, new-trainer foundational training, and more.
• Designed and facilitated staff development trainings for iLife ’09, iWork ’09, and OS X Lion, at multiple stores in the market.
• Was the only Apple Retail employee from the region (35 stores comprising northeastern U.S.) selected and sent to staff WWDC 2011, Apple's largest international event.
• Filmed and edited many photography and video projects for Apple, including product launches and staff training materials now being used around the region.
• Proven staff resource for teaching development and Apple procedures/culture.
• Apple Certified in iLife ‘09, iWork ‘09, Final Cut Pro, and Small Device troubleshooting and repair.
Third IEye Production in Amherst, MA September 2007 - November 2008
Position: Assistant Producer, Editor
• Produced, shot, and edited videos for the Ed O’Reilly for Senate 2008 political campaign. Worked with the candidate, campaign staff, and media team to design and produce digital video, graphics, and web media using Final Cut Studio and Adobe Creative Suite products, both in-studio and in the field.
• Assisted with development of a revolutionary digital media-driven tour structure and website architecture for the Historic Deerfield historic museum village in Deerfield, MA.
Commonwealth Honors College at University of Massachusetts Amherst
January 2008 - May 2008
Position: Teaching Assistant, Lead Producer
• Assisted with the instruction of Commonwealth College’s Video Dean’s Book documentary filmmaking course, taught psychology of screen, video production, and digital editing using Final Cut Studio.
• Managed 2 teaching assistants, led production of class “webisodes”.
• Built course website in Flash; used as student resource and for hosting webisodes and other course media.
The Student Leadership Training Program October 2009 - Present
Position: Leadership Instructor
• Volunteer position in non-profit leadership training program.
• Facilitate small- and large-group workshops throughout one-day and week-long conferences, teaching actionable leadership skills to middle- and high-school students from around the country.
• Filmed, directed, edited, and produced a promotional video for SLTP, currently being used by staff across New England to recruit students to attend the program.
• Awarded the SLTP Initiative Award for digital video and animation work.
• Complete intensive year-long training curriculum to gain Leadership Instructor certification.
Apple Certified in Final Cut Pro, iLife ’09, and iWork ’09, and Small Device troubleshooting and repair.
Proficient in Aperture, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, Final Cut Studio, the Microsoft Office suite, and experienced in Dreamweaver, Flash, and many other free/open-source software tools; proficient in Mac OS X, iOS, and Microsoft Windows.
Site and Content © Copyright 2012 Iman Rastegari